To educate, train and equip Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) and Community Organisation staff and managers with the skills to identify, assess and become energy efficiency champions in their workplace
- Benefits of energy efficiency, economic impacts of energy wastage (including environmental impact of energy waste), reduce domestic greenhouse emissions.
- Energy efficiency principles, load assessing, energy monitoring and behaviour change techniques.
- Identification and pursuit of energy efficiency opportunities in the workplace.
- How to read and interpret energy efficient product guidelines.
- Use of energy efficiency tools.
- Identify energy efficient products providers and energy retailers.
- Referral services for participants who want to undertake additional training (e.g. Carbon Management Courses/Sustainability Education).
Resources provided (Participant Packs):
- Energy efficiency information fact sheets covering the following:
- HVAC (Heating, ventilation & air-conditioning)
- Hot water systems
- Office equipment
- Air compressors
- Other useful information
- Power factor correction
- Building management systems
- Energy efficiency assessment manual (hard copy and electronic).
- Interactive workbook with simulated work-based activities (enables participants to apply their learning and development directly to their workplace).
- Specific sector information (e.g. butchers/bakeries/cafes).
- Energy efficiency comparison templates.
- Power point presentation handouts.
- Demonstration and case study video presentations (as available).